[BioC] mouse transcriptome

Tue Jun 29 16:53:29 CEST 2010

RNAseq-er,

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 8:10 AM, rna seq <rna.seeker at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Heidi,
>
> I should have been more clear. I am using RNA seq to quantify rna levels in
> mice. I will use the DESeq package to compare these levels but I think my
> experiment has identified novel transcripts. I would like to know if they
> are really novel, hence my question. This question should be of interest to
> others encountering the same problem.

1. Check the AceView transcript annotations, they might be helpful:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/IEB/Research/Acembly/index.html

2. Check Point 3 under "While sending mail to the list" of the BioC
posting guide:
http://www.bioconductor.org/docs/postingGuide.html

"""Identify yourself. Anonymous postings are much less likely to get

You might find that useful if you're looking for more help in the
future. I've often been curious as to what motivates people to post
anonymously on mailing lists like this one, anyway. Care to share your
viewpoints?

Cheers,
-steve

--