[BioC] edgeR normalization factors

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Tue Jun 29 04:21:13 CEST 2010

Multiply.

And yes, you should use the normalized data for
DE and clustering.  Otherwise, highly expressing
genes in your sample will depress the expression
of other genes relative to the size of the
library, inducing spurious "differential"
expression.  I have been simulating data to try to understand this better.

--Naomi