[BioC] proposed: a bridge between R and Cytoscape

Tue Jun 22 18:37:56 CEST 2010

Hi Paul,

Your talk at the Adv. Bioc. workshop in May got me interested in this
topic, which somehow led me to stumble on this post on this Gephi
forums:

http://forum.gephi.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=230

You can see my post (author "lianos") asking if this could let someone
drive Gephi from other languages. It seems there are two ways one
could go about that (using some toolkit, and also a "graph streaming"
project that is underway this summer).

Look at the reply from mbastian:

http://forum.gephi.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=230#p835

Perhaps this can help you in your endeavor. I'm not a big cytoscape
user, and haven't really compared cytoscape and Gephi, but some of the
videos I've seen of Gephi in action seem pretty cool:

http://www.rcasts.com/2010/04/social-network-analysis-using-r-and.html

-steve