[BioC] xps - creating ROOT scheme fi les

Benilton Carvalho beniltoncarvalho at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 13:11:29 CEST 2010

Dear John,

Indeed, xps is one solution. If you're willing to try another
approach, you can also use the oligo package. It's experimental, as
described in one of the vignettes, but the following should get you
going:

library(oligo)
## enable large dataset management
library(ff)
## set a place for temp files
## otherwise it'll use the current dir
ldPath("/path/to/temp")
cels = list.celfiles()
raw = read.celfiles(cels)
core = rma(raw, target="core")
exprsCore = exprs(core)
## save in a tab-delim file
write.table.ffdf(as.ffdf(exprsCore), file="core.txt", sep="\t", quote=FALSE)
## if you think you have enough RAM for the expression matrix
expression = exprsCore[]

In case you observe anything unexpected, let me know.