[BioC] Loading ontologies from OBO foundry?

stubben stubben at lanl.gov
Wed Jul 28 00:17:16 CEST 2010

Is there anyway to load ontologies from the OBO foundry directly into
R?     For example,  I'd like to be able to load  one of the
Environment Ontology formats (read.obo?) and then run some simple
queries like listing all terms assigned under the  "fermented food"
node.

There seems to be alot of different graph classes in ontoTools and
other R packages, and lots of ways to query these structures, so I'm
not sure where to start.

Thanks,

Chris

--