[BioC] Rgraphviz installation: DLL problem?

Gustavo Lacerda gusb at optimizelife.com
Sat Jan 30 20:46:58 CET 2010

hi,

It sounds like this is a common issue, but I couldn't find a solution.

I can load most libraries just fine, but when I do library(Rgraphviz), it
complains about being unable to load a DLL. Full details below this
message.

When I do this from inside the RConsole (as opposed to doing it from
Emacs), it tells me that "libcdt-4.dll was not found".

I am using R version 2.9.1 (2009-06-26) on Windows XP, and I just got
a fresh Rgraphviz using 'biocLite'.

By the way, I am wondering if my path needs to contain
Graphviz2.20/bin, or anything else. This stopped working right around
the time when I messed with my PATH, and I haven't been able to fix it
since.

Gustavo

> library(Rgraphviz)

Error in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...) :
 unable to load shared library
'c:/PROGRA~1/R/R-2.9.1/library/Rgraphviz/libs/Rgraphviz.dll':
 LoadLibrary failure:  The specified module could not be found.

In addition: Warning message:
package 'Rgraphviz' was built under R version 2.9.2
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'Rgraphviz'