[BioC] Failed installing SJava on MacOS (success!)

Fri Jan 22 16:34:53 CET 2010

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 6:02 AM, Michael Dondrup <Michael.Dondrup at uni.no> wrote:
> Dear Seth and Martin,
>
> this is great news. Thank you very much for this effort. I tried it and it works without problem in R started in  a terminal.
>
> If I use the R-GUI however, I get:
> [R.app GUI 1.31 (5537) i386-apple-darwin9.8.0]
>
>> library(SJava)
> Error: package 'SJava' is not installed for 'arch=i386'
> That's where it doesnt work:
<snip>

> Looks like another architecture dependent issue, as if this code is only installed for the 64bit version of R.
>
> Anyway, it is really great that it's working, so I can try advance to use RWebServices :)
>
> Whenever I can test something, pls let me know.

1. How did you install it? I think there are probably some flags you
can set to have it compile both 64 and 32 bit versions (but I'm kind
of surprised that this didn't happen automatically ...

2. Why not just use the 64bit version of the R GUI as well? You can
download it here:

http://r.research.att.com/#GUI

Download the version that that ends in *Leapard64.dmg that's also the
right version of R that you're using, eg:

http://r.research.att.com/R-GUI-5548-2.10-leopard-Leopard64.dmg

Doing #2 is kind of side stepping the issue, but I think you'd
probably like to run R/64bit even when running from the GUI as well.

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou