[BioC] Failed installing SJava on MacOS

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Tue Jan 19 18:37:13 CET 2010

On 1/19/10 8:58 AM, Martin Morgan wrote:
> Michael Dondrup wrote:

> this is in org.omegahat/Jars/RJava.jar, e.g.,
>
>    jar tf org.omegahat/Jars/RJava.jar

Curious, as this jar did not appear on your classpath in your previous mail.

I'm able to reproduce the error on my Snow Leopard laptop.  I also
notice that I don't have this jar.  There are .class files under the
package structure in org/omegahat/R/Java/*.class.
RForeignReference.class is among them and this would seem to be the
purpose of the "<...>/SJava/org/.." entry in class path.

> more below...
>> Here is the output of javaConfig().
>>
>>> javaConfig()
>> An object of class "JavaConfiguration"
>> Slot "classPath":
>> [1] "/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/SJava/org/omegahat/Jars/Environment.jar"
>> [2] "/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/SJava/org/.."
>> [3] "/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/SJava/org/omegahat/Jars/antlr.jar"
>> [4] "/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/SJava/org/omegahat/Jars/jas.jar"
>> [5] "/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/SJava/org/omegahat/Jars/jhall.jar"
>>
>> Slot "libraryPath":
>> [1] "/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/SJava/libs"
>>
>> Slot "properties":
>>                                                                   EmbeddedInR
>>                                                                        "true"
>>                                                         InterfaceManagerClass
>>               "org/omegahat/Interfaces/NativeInterface/OmegaInterfaceManager"
>>                                                     ForeignReferenceBaseClass
>>                                           "org/omegahat/R/Java/RJavaInstance"
>>                                                                 java.compiler
>>                                                                        "NONE"
>>                                                                    OMEGA_HOME
>>        "/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/SJava/org/omegahat"
>>                                                            OmegahatSearchPath
>> ".,${OMEGA_HOME}/Environment/Scripts/Run,${OMEGA_HOME}/Jars/Environment.jar"
>
> My javaConfig() (not on Mac) has ${OMEGA_HOME} expanded

Mine is not expanded.  I tried expanding it, but that didn't seem to
make a difference either. :-(

--
Seth Falcon
Bioconductor Core Team | FHCRC