[BioC] Positive correlation between dye-swap technical replicates

Claus Mayer claus at bioss.ac.uk
Thu Jan 14 17:48:33 CET 2010

Dear Michal!

You should include dye effect in your linear model (cf the limma guide 8.1.2
Dye Swaps). The normalization only removers an overall dye-effect but
typically that effect is slightly different from gene to gene. Including the
dye effect in the model should remove this remaining gene-specific bias.

That effect is likely to be the reason for the positive correlation you
observe.

Claus