[BioC] GOHyperGResult in a data.frame, possible NAMESPACE problem?

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Tue Jan 12 19:15:17 CET 2010

Hi Robert,

On 1/12/10 3:49 AM, Robert Castelo wrote:
> anyway, i've isolated the piece of code that produces the error and made
> a package running under the devel version and as you'll see below the
> error reproduces also in the current devel version.
>
> i've put the package in the following public url:
>
> http://functionalgenomics.upf.edu/myPkg_1.0.tar.gz

Thanks for posting that and for putting together a reproducible example.
  I can reproduce the error here and am investigating.  Unfortunately, I
think you've encountered a "subtlety" of the S4 system.

Inside myPkg, summary does not resolve to a generic function and so the
desired dispatch does not work.  I don't yet understand why.

As a *temporary* workaround, see the attached patch.

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon
Bioconductor Core Team | FHCRC