[BioC] RBGL fails to compile / install

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Tue Jan 5 18:00:03 CET 2010

Hi there,

On 1/5/10 1:24 AM, Groot, Philip de wrote:
> gcc version:
>
> gcc (GCC) 3.3.3 (SuSE Linux)

As Vince and Li have suggested, upgrading to a more recent gcc is the
thing to do.

> It could be that the compiler is outdated, but I only have a problem
> with RBGL. For the moment, I fixed it by installing RBGL version 1.20
> (from the previous Bioconductor release) and this compiles and
> installs fine. Loading GOstats works, but I am not sure whether I
> might run into problems later on.

In general, mixing versions is not a good idea and is not supported.
However, you might be ok for GOstats use since GOstats and Category use
only a couple of RBGL functions that have been fairly stable for some time.

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon
Program in Computational Biology | Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center