[BioC] Normalization question

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Fri Feb 19 23:58:05 CET 2010

Dear Yong

1) It would be OK if the technical variability between your arrays and those that you found in GEO were smaller than the biological differences that you are looking for. Most likely, this will not be the case.

2) I am not aware of any general answer. You'll need to tailor your approach to your particular question and to the particular quirks of the datasets. Likely, this is going to be difficult, and perhaps impossible.

Best wishes
         Wolfgang