[BioC] Read Agilent 244k chip and QC

Juan Carlos Oliveros oliveros at cnb.csic.es
Fri Feb 19 14:40:09 CET 2010

Dear Marc,

There is a previous answer to another user with the same problem.

Source:
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2007-January/015532.html

I paste the text here (original by Dr. Gordon K Smyth)

---8<--------------

The error message is telling you that there aren't enough rows of data for the size of the block.
The reason is that Agilent doesn't print rows for blank spots and the like, so the block has
missing rows, and this causes a problem because the limma functions assume complete blocks.

BTW, this is why the function read.maimages() didn't set the $printer information automatically
for you.  If the file had contained complete data for the block, then it would have.

It is possible with a little R programming to expand out your data vector stuff$Rb[,1] to be the
right length by adding NAs in the right places, so that you could use imageplot(), but this bit of
code is not provided by limma or Bioconductor.  Try this:

  r <- stuff$genes$Row
  c <- stuff$genes$Col
  nr <- max(r)
  nc <- max(c)