[BioC] About the problem for loading tcltk

Wed Feb 17 22:49:39 CET 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 12:10 PM, Likun Wang <wang.likun at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Could you help me fix the following problem?

>  unable to load shared library
> '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/tcltk/libs/x86_64/tcltk.so':
>  dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/tcltk/libs/x86_64/tcltk.so,
> 10): Library not loaded: /usr/X11/lib/libX11.6.dylib
>  Referenced from:
> /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/tcltk/libs/x86_64/tcltk.so
>  Reason: image not found
> Error : .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'tcltk'
> Error: package 'tcltk' could not be loaded
>
> The system is MAC OS X 10.5.8. How to install Tcltk.dmg on mac?

I didn't see an answer to this question, so here goes:

I'm assuming you're using the latest R-2.10.1? Check out the
instructions from the macosx install page:
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/

Specifically the block of text after the R-2.10.1.pkg link:
"""This package only contains the R framework, 32-bit GUI (R.app) and
64-bit GUI (R64.app). For Tcl/Tk libraries (needed if you want to use
tcltk) and GNU Fortran (needed if you want to compile packages from
sources that contain FORTRAN code) please see the tools directory."""

So ... go to the tools directory:
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/tools/

and get the tcltk *.dmg from there. I'm guessing it will solve your problems.

Hope that helps,
-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou