[BioC] GSEA, topGO, GOstats...? what's a good way to look at GO over-representation?

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Mon Feb 8 17:55:41 CET 2010

Dear Javier

Chapter 13 of the 'Bioconductor Case Studies' book is a good start, as
is
http://www.bioconductor.org/workshops/2009/SeattleApr09/gsea/GSEA_Lecture.pdf
and the vignette of the GSEABase package.

Let yourself not be confused by the fact that in some functions (eg
GOstats), there is support to make it easier to work with the
Bioconductor annotation packages (which are provided, among others, for
Affymetrix genechips). The concept of gene set enrichment analysis
itself is independent of where you get the gene sets from, and the
software above works with general gene lists.

And if you do not care so much about automation, reproducibility and
flexibility of your workflow, then using websites like mentioned by
Michael to copy-paste your gene lists into might be the way to go.

	Best wishes
	Wolfgang

J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk scripsit 02/08/2010 05:29 PM:

--