[BioC] makeTranscriptDbFromUCSC() fails to download table

Burak Kutlu bkutlu at systemsbiology.org
Fri Dec 24 02:52:56 CET 2010

D'oh!

Here it is

> hg19KnownGene <- makeTranscriptDbFromUCSC(genome = "hg19", tablename = "knownGene")
Download the knownGene table ... Error in curlPerform(url = url,
headerfunction = header$update, curl = curl,  :
  transfer closed with outstanding read data remaining

I also failed to mention this is about GenomicFeatures package.
Thanks Steve!
-burak

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 4:46 PM, Steve Lianoglou
<mailinglist.honeypot at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 7:38 PM, Burak Kutlu <bkutlu at systemsbiology.org> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> For some reason I started getting error for the following call
>> hg19KnownGene <- makeTranscriptDbFromUCSC(genome = "hg19", tablename =
>> "knownGene")
>
> I'm not sure how we can shed some light on this without you providing
> the error that you're getting ;-)
>
> Can you paste that into a follow up email?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -steve
>
> --
> Steve Lianoglou
>  | Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
>  | Weill Medical College of Cornell University

Burak Kutlu, PhD.
Research Scientist
Hood Lab
Institute for Systems Biology