[BioC] R packages for position anotation?

Jinyan Huang jhuang.ceph at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 19:37:00 CET 2010

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your suggestion.

What I understand your suggestion is I shoud use exonsBy,
intronsByTranscript, fiveUTRsByTranscrip, threeUTRsByTranscript
separately. For example, if I want to check whether a position is in
exon or not. I do as fellow. But this is just suitable for one
position each time. Is it possible to check many positions at the same
time? Thanks.

>txdb <- loadFeatures(samplefile)
>annotGr <- exonsBy(txdb, "tx")
>gr <- GRanges( seqnames = c("chr11"),
 ranges = IRanges(start = c(74994500),
 end = c(74994500)),
 strand = c("-"))
>OL <- findOverlaps(query = annotGr, subject = gr)
>tdata <- annotGr[unique(queryHits(OL)),]
>tdata
GRangesList of length 2
$44081
GRanges with 16 ranges and 3 elementMetadata values