[BioC] PLANdbAffy + Alternative Exon Annotation +XPS, aroma, oligo, RMAExpress

cstrato cstrato at aon.at
Tue Dec 7 23:04:49 CET 2010

Dear Branko,

Regarding your question why oligo & XPS require extra annotation I can
only speak for xps:
In principle, you are right that for probe_set level analysis the
PGF/CLF files are enough. However, I am extracting first some
information from the probeset annotation file, e.g. the probeset_id, the
position of the probeset_id, the probeset level (core, extended, full),
which I use to create e.g. the probeset tree. If you are interested in
details please have a look at the methods
XExonChip::ImportProbesetAnnotation() and XExonChip::ReadData().

Best regards
Christian