[BioC] org.*.eg.db problem

Vincent Carey stvjc at channing.harvard.edu
Wed Dec 1 18:10:23 CET 2010

I don't think this question is extremely clear, but you could probably
get around your concern by using get() while pasting the
organism-identifying token into some string template

get(paste("org.", [token1], ".eg", [token2], sep=""))

will retrieve a map for organism identified by token1 with targets of
type identified by token2 -- examples are "Mm", "CHRLOC" for these
tokens respectively

there are undoubtedly more elegant ways to proceed, depending on your
specific concern