[BioC] Nimblegen Arrays and Ringo

Dario Strbenac D.Strbenac at garvan.org.au
Wed Dec 1 06:00:10 CET 2010

Hello,

I've been looking at the NDF of a certain chip (2007-09-21_MM8_Deluxe_Promoter_HX1.ndf) and the pair files. I've noticed that in the NDF there are 5 types of probes - "BLOCK1"       "H_CODE"       "NGS_CONTROLS" "RANDOM"       "V_CODE". But in the pair files, there is just "BLOCK1" and "RANDOM". Why are the other 3 types not in the results ? Also does anyone know what the categories actually mean ? There isn't any explanation in the official document that comes with the arrays from the manufacturer (NimbleGen_Data_Formats_v2p1.pdf) or online.

Dario Strbenac
Research Assistant
Cancer Epigenetics
Garvan Institute of Medical Research