[BioC] snow library, question on clusterExport

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Mon Apr 12 19:44:29 CEST 2010

On 04/12/2010 09:25 AM, mattia pelizzola wrote:
> thanks Martin for the explanations and thanks Norman for pointing out
> that error in the example,
>
> unfortunately I am still stuck with the main problem:
> I have to use clusterExport to export an object to the cluster nodes.

It's hard to know without a (simple) example why you have to use
clusterExport. If the object is not defined in the environment of the
function, then a sure-fire way of getting it to your cluster nodes is to
explicitly include it in the clusterApplyLB call

  fun4=function(startInd, endInd=3, data) data[startInd:endInd,]
  clusterApplyLB(cl, 1:3, fun4, data=Mat)

Martin

--
Martin Morgan