[BioC] fold-change when no expression to high expression

Laurent Gautier laurent at cbs.dtu.dk
Thu May 28 09:22:26 CEST 2009

If I understand your question right, the issue is about fold-changes for
which the denominator is very small/zero.

You may consider adding a small offset to the signal ("fudge factor")
making the denominator leave the "danger zone", or using a
generalized-log transform (I think that the function glog() is in the
package "vsn").

L.