[BioC] Limma analyse factorial data with two-color arrays

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Wed May 27 14:38:04 CEST 2009

Limma codes for only one level of blocking.  So, I guess you will
need to stick with 2 channel analysis with blocks to deal with
this.  Fortunately, for a 2x2 design, things are still (pretty)
good.  Assuming that M4=stim4-neg4 and M8=stim8-neg8 and A4 and A8
are defined with +.

The main effect of stim is the average of M4 and M8.
The interaction of stim with time is M8-M4.

But I do not think you can estimate the time main effect, which is
A8-A4 in this analysis.  Note that A is not normalized.

--Naomi