[BioC] "GOstat" package not installing

Hervé Pagès hpages at fhcrc.org
Thu May 21 19:01:04 CEST 2009

Hi Ashwin,

Note that in order to compile the XML package on a Linux system, you
not only need to have the libxml2 package (I'm talking about Linux packages
here i.e. RPM or .deb packages) but also the include files and other stuff
needed for developing and compiling against libxml2. This is generally
found in a package called something like libxml2-devel (on RPM-based Linux
distros like Fedora, RedHat, openSUSE, etc...) or libxml2-dev (on
Debian-based Linux distros like Debian, Ubuntu, etc...).

Cheers,
H.

Hervé Pagès

Program in Computational Biology