[BioC] problem with biocLite("Biobase") -- results in looping of download

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Wed May 20 23:58:58 CEST 2009

Hi Mark --

So the reproducible example is, I guess

% cat > .Rprofile
source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
biocLite("Biobase")
^D
% R

There were extensive changes to package build / installation during the
last release. I'll forward this to R-devel, and look a little more my self.

One work-around might be to add something along the lines of

if (interactive()) {
  source('http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R')
  biocLite('Biobase')
}

at least if you start from the command line; only the first invocation
is interactive.

Martin