[BioC] Subject: Re: Normalization of arrays where most of the genes change

Alicia Oshlack oshlack at wehi.EDU.AU
Thu May 14 13:34:43 CEST 2009

Hi Yiwen,

In cases where you know the subset of genes that are not changin you can
use limma as outlined in:

http://genomebiology.com/2007/8/1/R2

Cheers,
Alicia

Sean,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! I took a look at the VSN
package and
some threads in the mailing archive, it looks like the right tool to
try. However,
I am just wondering, if there are people fitting LOESS on a subset of
unchanged
genes and any comment on that.

Thanks in advance!

Yiwen