[BioC] Agilent 2 colour spike-in controls

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Thu May 7 15:34:48 CEST 2009

I am not familiar with this chip, but we did find that the controls
on our custom Agilent chips had striking dye bias.
However, the bias was similar on every chip.

I usually do a scatterplot matrix of every channel against all other
channels with the same treatment.  (logarithmic scale) Even
without normalization, these should be diagonal, although there is
usually some curvature.  If they are highly scattered, you might have
a problem.  We found that the labeling dyes can degrade rapidly under
some conditions.

--Naomi