[BioC] random positioning of duplicate spots

Peder Worning pwo at exiqon.com
Wed May 6 08:26:54 CEST 2009

Hi Vishal,

One way to do this is to use the probe IDs as names of your data points.
I don't know how your system is set up, but I'll show how I summarize by
name without changing the original order of the spots:

mywtfun <- function(exclude.flags=c(1,2,3,4,5,6,7))
function(obj) 1-(obj$Flag %in% exclude.flags)

RG.MDA <- read.maimages(file.MDA, source="imagene",
names=target.MDA$Barcode, wt.fun=mywtfun(c(1,2,3,4,5,6,7)),
columns=list(f="Signal Mean",b="Background Median"))

rownames(RG.MDA) <- RG.MDA$genes[,6]

Cy3.channel.MDA = RG.MDA$G

expression.matrix.MDA <-
apply(Cy3.channel.MDA,2,function(v){tapply(v,names(v),
function(x){median(x,na.rm=TRUE)})})

I use the median of the replicated spot rather than the mean.

I hope it can be of some use and that Outlook doesn't break my lines in
silly places.

Good luck

Peder

Best regards