[BioC] flowClust results in subset filters

Kenneth Lo c.lo at stat.ubc.ca
Wed May 6 01:28:12 CEST 2009

Hi Florian,

Thanks a lot for the fix, which clearly makes the integration of
flowClust with flowCore more sense as now it may tell the class
assignment from tmixFilter when combining its use with other filtering/
gating operations defined in flowCore.  I've just checked out the most
updated copy from the devel branch (version 1.11.2), and tried the
example code in your email.  The filter method in the 2nd last line of
the example code does return a multipleFilterResult object now, which
is what we desire.  However, similar to Bastian's experience, I could
only access the tmixFilter object but not the tmixFilterResult object
in the filterDetails list.  Some slots which describe the fitted
distribution using flowClust, e.g., mu, sigma and lambda, are found in
the tmixFilterResult class but not in tmixFilter.  Are there any means
to retrieve these pieces of information?

Thanks again,

Kenneth