[BioC] use of huex10stv2cdf_1.15.0.tar.gz and human exon array analysis

cstrato cstrato at aon.at
Tue Jan 27 18:57:38 CET 2009

Dear Dan

As the author of xps please allow me to answer your follow-up questions
regarding xps:

Michal has already mentioned that xps uses the PGF, CLF and annotation
files provided by Affymetrix. However, internally these files are
converted to a standard format for xps, so that you need to import these
files only once, see the help file ?import.exon.scheme.

Regarding the  documentation:
Although the vignette deals only with the basics, it mentions two files
located in subdirectory xps/examples, namely "script4xps.R" and
"script4exon.R". Both scripts contain code examples which you mostly
need to only copy/paste.

File "script4exon.R" uses the Affymetrix human tissue-mixture exon array
dataset as an example how to process the HuExon array data as well as
the HGU133Plus2 data and the HuGene data.

Maybe one note on detection of differential analysis:
Although "limma" is surely the preferred package, xps has also functions
for filtering of data before further analysis, and for detecting
differentially expressed genes, when there are only two groups ( see
Chapter 5 of vignette xps.pdf)

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Best regards
Christian