[BioC] Summarize with RMA using Alternative CDF

Henrik Bengtsson hb at stat.berkeley.edu
Fri Jan 23 16:56:38 CET 2009

A CDF (chip definition/description file) is an Affymetrix CDF file
(one file/no directory).  In Bioconductor there are CDF packages also
known as/that contains CDF environments.  CDF packages can be created
from CDF files.  You need a CDF *package* - a CDF *file* will not
work.  So, argument 'cdfname' takes a package name.  You are not the
first one making this mistake.

See also the aroma.affymetrix package which works with CDF files
(including custom ones) directly.  It can reproduce the results of
both affy and affyPLM near perfectly.

  http://www.braju.com/R/aroma.affymetrix/

/Henrik