[BioC] getGEO without platform?

Cei Abreu-Goodger cei at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Jan 21 12:20:27 CET 2009

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your answer, I wasn't aware of that problem. Do you mean then
that you may get different featureNames for different experiments from
the same platform? That would definitely be a problem. Do you know if
there's a way to restrict the annotation download to fewer fields, or
download it in a compressed form?

For a few random "GSE" that I checked, the "*_series_matrix.txt.gz"
files do contain the correct probeset names in the "ID_REF" column. If
this is the case at least for the common Affy platforms, then the option
of not downloading the AnnotGPL (with a warning?) would still be very
useful for me.

Thanks again,

Cei