[BioC] Problems with EBImage installation

Gregoire Pau gregoire.pau at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Jan 20 13:56:38 CET 2009

Dear Cristina,

Why are you talking about Matlab ?

Looks like that either your GTK+ installation is broken or that EBImage
cannot find where you installed GTK+.

EBImage needs a recent version of the developer version of GTK+. For
instance you can use this one for Windows:
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/gtk+/2.14/gtk+-bundle_2.14.7-20090119_win32.zip

and needs a recent version of the developer version of ImageMagick:
http://www.imagemagick.org/download/binaries/ImageMagick-6.4.8-7-Q16-windows-dll.exe

EBImage works well with R-2.8.0.
Please report your sessionInfo() if reinstalling GTK+ and ImageMagick
doesn't sort out the problem.

Best regards,

Greg