[BioC] getGEO without platform?

Cei Abreu-Goodger cei at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Jan 20 12:26:57 CET 2009

Hi all,

I was wondering if there's a way to use getGEO to end up with an
ExpressionSet without platform annotation. Why? I have lots of GEO
entries from which I want to quickly extract the exprs values, and I
don't care about the annotation (and I can always download it later on).

I've been trying:

geo <- getGEO("GSE11899", GSEMatrix=TRUE, AnnotGPL=FALSE)

But for "GSE" ids it seems to ignore the AnnotGPL flag and goes ahead to
download 38.1 Mb (in this case) of text annotation!

Many thanks,

Cei

 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.8.0 (2008-10-20)
i386-apple-darwin8.11.1

locale:
en_GB.UTF-8/en_GB.UTF-8/C/C/en_GB.UTF-8/en_GB.UTF-8

attached base packages:
[1] stats     graphics  grDevices datasets  tools     utils     methods
[8] base

other attached packages:
[1] GEOquery_2.6.0 RCurl_0.93-0   Biobase_2.2.1