[BioC] Help with loading newly created custom annotation db into R session

Ochsner, Scott A sochsner at bcm.tmc.edu
Wed Jan 7 22:14:11 CET 2009

Dear list,

I'm following up with my install progress to complete this thread. After following the directions from the R Installation and Administration manual I downloaded Rtools minus the cygwin .dlls and edited my path to look as below:

PATH=c:\Rtools\bin;c:\Rtools\perl\bin;c:\Rtools\MinGw\bin;C:\Perl\bin;c:\cygwin\bin; others...

As I already had an install of cygwin I added c:\cygwin\bin to the PATH as directed.  I then attempted to perform the install from the Command Prompt as follows:

C:\Program Files\R\R-2.8.0\bin>R CMD INSTALL "c:\\Documents and Settings\\sochsner\\Desktop\\Zcustom.db"

This worked only after I updated cygwin.

Thanks for the help,

Scott