[BioC] How to use GOSlim with GOstats

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Thu Feb 19 17:39:13 CET 2009

Hi Iain,

I am a little curious about what you are planning to do with GOSLIM? To
change the annotation used in GOstats, you would normally put the name
of the appropriate annotation package into the annotation slot of the
GOHyperGParams object. But as I am sure you have noticed we don't have
annotation packages for GOSLIM. However, according to the gene ontology
website, a GOSLIM is a subset of the existing GO ontology. So the
appropriate organism package for yeast (which is already based on what
they have at SGD as much as possible) should already provide all the
information you would need for that.

Marc