[BioC] "Size" in summary() of "hyperGTest()

Sergei Manakov manakov at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Feb 17 12:40:53 CET 2009

Hello,

I assume that "Size" column in the table generated by summary() of
"GOHyperGResult" object produced by hyperGTest() function from
"GOstats" package is the total size of a given GO category.

In this regard I am puzzled why values in this field are slightly
different for the same GO categories when I run the  hyperGTest() on
different query gene lists, even when using the same Universe.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

thanks,
Sergei