[BioC] memory exhausted for readAligned

Patrick Aboyoun paboyoun at fhcrc.org
Fri Feb 13 02:22:46 CET 2009

Lana,
The definitive guide on R installation can be found in the "R
Installation and Administration" manual.

http://cran.fhcrc.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.pdf

In particular, you can consult chapter 2 "Installing R under
Unix-alikes". The basic idea is to grab the R-devel tarball from

ftp://ftp.stat.math.ethz.ch/Software/R/R-devel.tar.gz

and follow the installation instructions mentioned above. Even if Unix
is somewhat foreign to you, it is pretty straightforward to create a
typical installation of R. If you hit any snags, let me know.

Patrick