[BioC] Using htmlpage

john seers (IFR) john.seers at bbsrc.ac.uk
Thu Feb 5 18:05:37 CET 2009

Hi Jim

Searching on ellipsis and pass through I got the following.

"The second argument to boot(), called 'statistic', can be
any user-written function you want to cook up, with additional
arguments being passed to it through the '...' mechanism after
all of the named arguments. (See: `R-intro `Writing your own
functions `The ellipsis argument for details.)"

Looking at the boot code shows the user function "statistic" in the
signature and various calls to statistic of the form

t0 <- statistic(data, original, rep(1, sum(m)), ...)

function (data, statistic, R, sim = "ordinary", stype = "i",
    strata = rep(1, n), L = NULL, m = 0, weights = NULL, ran.gen =
function(d,
        p) d, mle = NULL, simple = FALSE, ...)
{

This is sort of what I had in mind. (Though I have not found the code to
pass through the "rest" of the variables.). No parsing needed.

>However, the ellipsis is designed to pass arbitrary variables to
underlying code.

I think that is what I am suggesting needs to be done - pass through
arbitrary variables. Perhaps a problem you have is htmlpage calls
getCells which calls getQueryLink which calls the helper function(s).

Not sure if this is any help to you.

Regards

John

---