[BioC] Using htmlpage

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed Feb 4 16:46:57 CET 2009

Hi John,

john seers (IFR) wrote:
> Hello Bioconductor people
>
> I am trying to use htmlpage (from the annotate package) so it can
> generate html links in addition to the types of links already provided.
>
>>From the documentation of htmlpage it says:
>
> "Additional repositories can easily be added. See getQueryLink for more
> information."

Easily is in the eye of the beholder. It is actually quite easy, but you
will need to add the functions to the source package and then
build/install. As you have noted, the namespace prevents you from easily
  modifying the package by dumping new functions in the workspace.

What repository are you trying to add? It might be easiest to just add
the repository to the package itself, if it is something that others
might want to use.

Best,

Jim