[BioC] BSgenome, GenomeSearching.: "Injecting known SNPs in the chromosome sequences"

Hervé Pagès hpages at fhcrc.org
Tue Feb 3 00:11:56 CET 2009

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reminder! The feature is already implemented (see ?injectSNPs
from the BSgenome software package) and documented, but section "Injecting
known SNPs in the chromosome sequences" of the GenomeSearching vignette
still needs to be written. I'll complete this vignette before the next BioC
release (April).
Note that we only provide SNPlocs.Hsapiens.dbSNP.20071016 for now and that it
is a little bit outdated but we can add more SNPlocs pkgs if needed (as long as
the data are provided by dbSNP).

Cheers,
H.

Paul Shannon wrote:
> The GenomeSearching vignette promises that injecting known SNPs into
> chromosome sequences is coming soon.  I am sorry to be pesky, but may I
> ask just how soon?  I'd love to use this feature now.
>
> Best,
>
>  - Paul

> Search the archives:

Hervé Pagès