[BioC] arrayQualityMetrics - how do I use this with an MAList object???

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Fri Sep 12 15:41:37 CEST 2008

Hi Zaneta --

"Park-Ng, Zaneta" <Zaneta.Park-Ng at agresearch.co.nz> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to use the arrayQualityMetrics package on an MAList object,
> with no luck.  Does anyone know how to do this?  I can run the analysis
> fine on an RGList object, after first having converted this to an
> NChannelSet object, but am having problems with the MAList.
>
> I've tried using the 'as' function from the convert package to try and
> create either an ExpressionSet or NChannelSet, but this fails, including
> on the test data given in the examples for "Convert Data Objects" using
> the Convert package.  The error message which I get is:  Error in as(x,
> "ExpressionSet") :
>   no method or default for coercing "MAList" to "ExpressionSet"

The method exists in convert_1.16.0 which is the verion appropriate
for the current R release. After library(convert), what is the full
output of

> sessionInfo()

? Also, you should see

> showMethods("coerce", classes=c(from="MAList"))
Function: coerce (package methods)
from="MAList", to="ExpressionSet"
from="MAList", to="marrayNorm"
from="marrayNorm", to="MAList"

Perhaps you need to start a new sesssion of R and

?