[BioC] about multi-platforms genechip

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Tue Sep 9 11:17:42 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 5:03 AM, jiabao xu <xujiabao127 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I will use a genechip indentified by GSE4330m
> GEO(http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/geo/query/acc.cgi).
>
> However the GSE1133 has 3 platforms:GPL81,GPL82,GPL83,it has 21 samples
> every platform.if the GPL81 has a gene (7157) which is not including in
> GPL82 and the GPL82 has a gene (7156) which is not including in
> GPL81 ,however  GPL83 has both of them ,how can i caculate the pearson
> coefficient
> between the gene 7157 and 7156?

You can use the cor() function to calculate the correlation between
two vectors.  Since you have two measurements (at least) for each
gene, you can get multiple correlations.  Perhaps you can show us the
code that you have used to get the data and where you are having
problems calculating the correlation, as it isn't clear where you are
having problems.

Sean