[BioC] Making data visible in packages (no visible binding for global variable ...)

Tarca, Adi atarca at med.wayne.edu
Mon Oct 27 19:45:11 CET 2008

Hi all,
I am trying to write a package that contains one function MYF which
requires some data (e.g. a matrix X).
I put the matrix X in the \data folder as a myX.Rdata file. The function
MYF makes a data(myX) call to make X available within MYF before doing
some computations.
The resulting package gets installed and runs fine but when I do the R
CMD CHECK I get "no visible binding for global variable X".
I have two questions:
A) is there a better way to make X visible within MYF rather than making
a data() call
B) wht should be done to fix the "no visible binding for global
variable".

Thanks,

Adi Tarca