[BioC] hyperGTest

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Mon Oct 13 07:27:20 CEST 2008

Hi,

Weiwei Shi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am wondering how to get all GO terms (actually for BP category) after I
> run hyperGTest? I need to know what GO terms were checked by hyperGTest.

   That is most easily done by simply finding out how many BP GO terms
are in the annotation package.  All will be checked, depending a bit on
your minimum number of genes per term setting, and that too can easily
be determined from the annotation package.

> BTW, I used summary(x, pvalue=1.1) as a way to find the answer after I run
> hyperGTest for hgu133a, hgu133plus2 and hgu95av2. I found the numbers for
> the three platforms are 637, 637 and 736. I don't know why the databases of
> GO terms are different for the three platforms. I assume they should be the
> same.

   That seems like a bad assumption. Since they have different genes and
numbers of genes the GO terms associated with those terms also are
likely to be different.

   best wishes
     Robert

--