[BioC] export expression set from beadarray

Matthew Vitalone matthew_vitalone at wmi.usyd.edu.au
Tue Oct 7 08:20:24 CEST 2008

Hi all,

How do I get my normalised Illumina data , via bead array, exported into
a expression set as a tab delimited .txt file ? I have tried following
the notes on the bioconductor website and anything else I can find on
the web. I have also looked through previous posts and I have no been
able to find the answer. I am not use to beadarray or any command line
type analysis.

Thanks you so much for you help.
Matt

Here is my code: (running R2.7.2, and the latest version of beadarray)

*library(limma)*

*library(beadarray)

**BSData = readBeadSummaryData("expset-all.txt", qcFile=NULL,
sampleSheet=NULL,sep="\t",skip=8, ProbeID="PROBE_ID", columns =
list(exprs = "AVG_Signal", se.exprs="BEAD_STDERR", NoBeads =
"Avg_NBEADS", Detection="Detection Pval"), dec=".")

**slotNames(BSData)

**names(assayData(BSData))*

*BSData.log2.qspline = normaliseIllumina(BSData, method="qspline",
transform="log2")*

*library(convert)

eSet = new("ExpressionSet", assayData=
exprs(BSData.log2.qspline$AVG_Signal))
    *Error in function (classes, fdef, mtable)  :
      unable to find an inherited method for function "exprs", for
signature "NULL"

What is wrong with this final above comand that causes the error?

--
Matthew Vitalone B.Sc (Hons) PhD(progress)
NHMRC Centre for Clinical Research Excellence in Renal Medicine

Phone: (+61-2) 9845 8906
Mobile: 0416 041783
Hosp. Page: 27147
Fax: (+61-2) 9633 9351
Email: matthew_vitalone at wmi.usyd.edu.au

This electronic message and any attachments may be confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient of this message would you please delete the
message and any attachments and advise the sender. Western Sydney
Area Health Services (WSAHS) uses virus scanning software but excludes
any liability for viruses contained in any email or attachment.

This email may contain privileged and confidential infor...{{dropped:10}}