[BioC] Does the strand of a microarray probe matter?

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Nov 27 23:03:30 CET 2008

Hi Cei

this paper contains a discussion of this topic.

Antisense artifacts in transcriptome microarray experiments are resolved
by actinomycin D, by Perocchi et al.:
http://nar.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/full/35/19/e128

Fig.1 and Fig.2 show that you can get strand specific measurements, but
that spurious second-strand synthesis by the reverse transcription step
needs to be considered / avoided.

Best wishes
      Wolfgang

Wolfgang Huber, EMBL-EBI, http://www.ebi.ac.uk/huber