[BioC] biomaRt error

Sonia SHAH S.Shah at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Fri Nov 21 11:51:13 CET 2008

Hi

I was carrying out the following biomaRt query:
getBM(attributes=c("ensembl_gene_id","hgnc_symbol","description"),
filter="ensembl_gene_id", value=ids, mart=mart)

and I got the following error:
1 Query ERROR: caught BioMart::Exception::Database: Error during query
execution: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that
corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use
near 'AND main.gene_id_1020_key=ensembl_mart_51.hsapiens_gene_ensembl_
Error in getBM(attributes = c("ensembl_gene_id", "hgnc_symbol",
"description"),  :
  Number of columns in the query result doesn't equal number of
attributes in query.  This is probably an internal error, please report.

I don't get errors with queries made to the ENSEMBL 51 VARIATION
database but get them when using the ENSEMBL 51 GENES database

sessionInfo()
R version 2.6.1 (2007-11-26)
x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
locale:
LC_CTYPE=en_GB;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=en_GB;LC_COLLATE=en_GB;LC_MONETARY=en_GB;LC_MESSAGES=en_GB;LC_PAPER=en_GB;LC_NAME=C;LC_ADDRESS=C;LC_TELEPHONE=C;LC_MEASUREMENT=en_GB;LC_IDENTIFICATION=C
attached base packages:
other attached packages:
[1] biomaRt_1.14.1 RCurl_0.8-3
[1] rcompgen_0.1-17 XML_1.93-2