[BioC] (no subject)

Raffaele calogero raffaele.calogero at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 17:28:14 CET 2008

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 4:59 PM, McGee, Monnie <mmcgee at mail.smu.edu> wrote:
Dear Monnie,
thank you for your answer.
I Rgraphviz is always somehow problematic on windows computers.
I do not think I have to download Graphviz since it was never
necessary before on  packages compiled for windows. The strange point
is that I can load and use without problems the Bioconductor 2.1
Rgraphviz version.
Cheers
Raffaele

> Dear Raffaele,
>
> I have had the same problem on my Macintosh computer.  I sent an e-mail to the list last Thursday, but I have not yet received a reply.
>
> One question for you - have you downloaded Graphviz?  Rgraphviz will not work without Graphviz.  The website is www.graphiviz.org.
>
> I downloaded Graphiviz, and it didn't solve my problem, but it may solve yours.
>
> Good Luck!
> Monnie
>

> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 16:39:14 +0100
> From: rcaloger <raffaele.calogero at gmail.com>
> Subject: [BioC] Rgraphviz error under Windows
> To: bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch
>
> HI,
> I installed Rgraphviz_1.20.2.zip without error on Windows Vista 32 bits
> Centrino duo with 2Gb RAM.
> But when I tryed to load the library:
> library(Rgraphviz)
> I got the following error:
> Error in get(hookname, envir = env, inherits = FALSE) :
>  cannot allocate memory block of size 2.2 Gb
> Error: package/namespace load failed for 'Rgraphviz'
>
> This happens on an clean R session without anything loaded.
> When I tryed to install the Rgraphviz from Bioconductor 2.2
> Rgraphviz_1.18.1.zip, instllation succeded but the loading of the
> library produced an other error:
>  > library(Rgraphviz)
> Error in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...) :
>  unable to load shared library
> 'C:/R/R-2.8.0/library/Rgraphviz/libs/Rgraphviz.dll':
>  LoadLibrary failure:  Unable to find the specified module.
>
> Error : .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'Rgraphviz'
> Error: package/namespace load failed for 'Rgraphviz'

> Rgraphviz_1.16.0.zip from Bioconductor 2.1
>
> Any suggestion how to solve Rgraphviz loading problem?
> Raffaele

Prof. Raffaele A. Calogero
Bioinformatics and Genomics Unit
Dipartimento di Scienze Cliniche e Biologiche
c/o Az. Ospedaliera S. Luigi
Regione Gonzole 10, Orbassano
10043 Torino
tel.   ++39 0116705417