[BioC] How to plot microRNA chromosome location

laurent lgautier at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 18:56:13 CET 2008

On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 01:36 +0800, Camper (Chih-Wei Liu) wrote:
> I have tried GenomeGraphs package to plot chromosome miRNA maps.
> I got the results.
>
> However, there still two questions I want to ask.
> 1. Is there any package be able to plot chromosomes at one time.
>   (Actually, I can do them all one by one and combine them manually.)

I assume that you mean all chromosomes on one figure.
It does not seem currently possible at the moment (as gdPlot calls
"grid.newpage()" in all cases). I had code to plot karyotypes-sort of
plots somewhere, let me see if I can find it back and send it.

> 2. Is GenomeGraphs package be able to draw mouse chromosome maps or any
> other species?

The man page for makeIdeogram() / Ideogram-class state that only human
chromosomes are supported. Having that extended to other organisms would
be a matter of letting one specify cytobands and chromosomes for
arbitray organisms (easier written here than done, there were several
way of specify cytobands/centromere/telomere regions last time I looked)

L.